My last Spring Break ever is quickly approaching, and I am more than excited to be jet-setting off to LA with two of my greatest friends! Lee Martin, Hannah and I are going to visit Hannah’s sister in the always sunny city of angels. Several of you have requested my “list”, and I am so excited to share it! I will preface by saying, taste at your own risk, I have not yet tried these places, but I will be posting so y’all can follow my journey while I’m out there! My guess is my stomach will absolutely fall in love with the cali way of life!
- Squirl ($$) – An organic restaurant with hip, globally inspired food and a sleek, minimalist design. Located at 720 N Virgil Ave, this spot is known for their ricotta toast, vanilla bean lemonade and the prosciutto sandwich.
- Cafe Vida ($$) – A local Latin/California cafe that is devoted to good nutrition and delicious flavor. Cafe Vida prides itself by “cooking the same way they would at home”. Cafe Vida has three locations in California.
- Blu Jam Cafe ($$) – Started by two Czechoslovakians who relocated to the US with big dreams of bringing their European heritage with them. This casual Hollywood cafe is located at 7371 Melrose Avenue and offers several vegan and gluten free options. The European cafe is known for it’s crunchy french toast and the Norwegian and Florentine Benedicts.
- Ivy At the Shore ($$$) – Located right on the coast, the Ivy is an American Restaurant known for the excessively floral decor, unique beverages (including a killer mimosa) and celebrity sitings!
- Langer’s Deli ($$) – A casual, yet iconic spot in Los Angeles, is absolutely known for it’s pastrami sandwich and old school booths. Located in Westlake, at 704 S Alvarado Street, this little place of big character will rock your world.
- Republique ($$$) – This noisy, lunch power hour spot is just the place for french cuisine. Known for their pastries, all day breakfast options and burger, Republique is sure to satisfy the hungry! They are located at 624 S La Brea Avenue.
- Lemonade ($$) – In need of a quick and delicious lunch stop? Lemonade is a cafeteria-style chain restaurant, known for their seasonal food and huge assortment of lemonades! Good news! They are located throughout the city!
- Guerrilla Tacos ($) – This authentic food truck is known and loved by many California locals. Chef Wes is from Pico Rivera and can bring it when it comes to tacos. Y’all it’s not just any food truck: LA Times food critic, Jonathan Gold ranks it #13 on his list of 101 of LA’s best restaurants. Ohhh I am pumped for this one!!!
- Chego ($) – “Let’s Go Bowling. With Rice.” I am SO in. Chego is known for their Korean/Mexican Rice Bowls and is located at 727 N Broadway.
- In-N-Out Burger ($) – Need I say more?
- Terrine ($$$) – This romantic French-style courtyard is garnished with fresh greenery and bistro lights. Let’s just say they’ve mastered the French cuisine with California flair. Located at 8265 Beverly Blvd., this intimate eatery is worth the splurge.
- Yamashiro Hollywood ($$$) – A Japanese Palace with a heck of a view… this place would fill me up on the view alone! Yamashiro Hollywood is located at 1999 N Sycamore Ave.
- Moonshadows Malibu ($$) – What’s more California than a tiki bar with a view? NOTHING. Moonshadows is located at 20356 Pacific Coast Highway and is known for it’s breathtaking views and delicious American cuisine.
- Milk ($$) – Simply put, an ice cream shop to die for.
- Salt and Straw ($) – A delicious ice cream shop known for it’s flavors and farm-raised ingredients. They are located at 240 N Larchmont Blvd.
I hope you are able to indulge and enjoy these places as much as I am hoping to! I’m sure we will discover more amazing places while we are out there, but this should get everyone started! Also, I have linked the websites to these awesome places, check them out!
PS. Be on the lookout, you soon might find Eat Birmingham Blog on snapchat! 🙂 Stay tuned!